Free shipping on orders over 180 Euro!

Back To Top

Swipe to the left

Le Conterie

Le Conterie
By Admin Muranonet 7 March 2017 1093 Views No comments

The Conterie (the Venetian beads) were an industrial complex of 2ha (5 ac), located in the center of the island of Murano.

The first building was built between the late 18th Century and the first half of the 19th Century.
The production of glass reached the maximum development during the second half of the 19th Century, while the decline began in the 1970’s. The Conterie were closed in 1993. The plant has been abandoned for years until the City of Venice bough it and transformed the Conterie in a residential area.

Posted in: Artists