Free shipping on orders over 180 Euro!

Back To Top

Swipe to the left

Napoleone Martinuzzi

By admin 21 February 2013 1551 Views No comments

Born in Murano in 1892, he died in Venice in 1977. In 1910 he studied sculpture subject in Rome together with Angelo Zanelli. He got back to Murano, and in 1925 he joined the Venini & Co's as partner and art director. His creativity gave him a position in the front line of rebirth of the art of glassmaking. In 1928 he made experiments with the "pulegoso" glass. In 1932 together with Francesco Zecchin he established the Zecchino - Martinuzzi firm, participating in the 1933 Triennale, where he exhibited a series of zoomorphous sculptures. After a long break, in 1947 he worked as art director at Seguso's Arte Vetro. From 1953 to 1958 he designed chandeliers and vitreous tiles for Cenedese's. During the 60's some of his works has been executed by Antonio Barbini.

Posted in: Artists