Born in Murano on July 21, 1928, he was son of the master glassblower Otello Nason (1894-1966).
He had his apprenticeship as a glassmaker first in his father's factory, then with his uncle Emilio Nason (1891-1959).
A partner and master glassblower at A.V.E.M .
Wartime restricts both factories' products to simple utilitarian glass and cover glass for headlights. From 1945 to 1947 Ermanno worked as master glassblower at Fratelli Ferro in Murano. Then he worked again with his father and subsequently as glassmaker at V.A.M. in Murano, owned by Giovanni Pinzan, Bruno Cimarosti and Giovanni Andreotta, where he makes Venetian figures.
From 1953 to 1959 he was at I.V.R. Mazzega , assigned to carry out artists' designs for Egidio Costantini 's Fucina Degli Angeli , including ones by Georges Braque , Marc Chagall , Jean Cocteau , Pablo Picasso , and Gio Ponti.
Around 1955 begins to collaborate with the Yugoslavian sculptor and painter Antun Motika, also the Kristal-Samobor glasworks in Maribor. Then he carried out designs by the painter Aldo Bergamini, which are exhibited in Warsaw in 1965.
From 1958 collaborates with Fulvio Bianconi . During 1959-61 had his workshop in Murano Campo San Bernardo; continues for Bianconi, Costantini and Motika, as well as for Raoul Goldoni, among others.
He has been partner in and designer at the Scarpa & Nason factory for utilitarian glass.
From 1964 to 1971 he has been first master glassblower at Gino Cenedese . Makes works based on his own designs and in close collaboration with the leading designer Antonio Da Ros .
In 1969 he carries out monumental glass sculptures (H approx 2mt.) by the American painter Harold Stevenson from Idabel, Oklahoma.
In 1970 he was mentioned at the Biennale di Venezia for the first time, as the executor of Da Ros's designs.
From 1972 to 1994 he had his own factory, where he carries out poly-chrome glass sculptures based on his own designs. Nowadays production is stopped but the company continues to exist.
Ermanno passed away in 2013.