Born in Murano in 1930. Sculptor of glass, he started in the glassworks at a very early ageas a pupil of Alfredo Barbini - and assistant to, as well. There he remained until 1959 when he was appointed maestro at Salviati & Co . And became the ideal interpreter of Luciano Gaspari .
In 1969 he opened his own glass factory where he was both enterpreneur and sculptor.
In much of his work, he integrates glass, marble, granite and wood in an endless optical and poetic play.
Livio Seguso's elegant sculptures are borne from over fifty years of experimentation with technical process and materials.
He is a 2003 Professional Artist-in-Residence at Pilchuck Glass School.
An exhibition in 1981 at Ca' Pesaro was a full consecration. In 1990 he sold his firm.