In Murano the restoration of the precious glass chandelier - that in 2012 suffered the damage of the earthquake in Emilia Romagna - has been completed.
4 meters tall, 3 meters wide at the base, this glittering giant consists of 1182 pieces, half of which were destroyed in the earthquake and are now reborn in the furnaces of Murano.
After the earthquake in Emilia, the centenarian chandelier that was located in the municipality of Saint Augustine was severely damaged. Promovetro, the Fire Department and Murano manufacturers have created a team for its rescue called "Una luce per l'Emilia Romagna", a light for Emilia Romagna. Dismantled and divided into many boxes, the chandelier was shipped back on the island of Murano where it was born.
Two and a half years later, the project has been completed with 10 companies and their artisans involved in the restauration of this magnificent work of art.
The chandelier will be exhibited at the Museum of Glass in Murano in February, when a new wing will be opened. Then it might be also exhibited at the Milano EXPO, before returning to its home.
Read more and see pictures about this incredle story on the Promovetro website: http://www.promovetro.com/en/una-luce-per-lemilia-romagna/