Known as Kolo, he was born in Vienna in 1868, where he died in 1918. Son of an official at the Theresianum in Vienna. He studied at the Academy in Vienna with Griepenkerl and Rumpler. He knew J.M. Olbrich and J. Hoffmann (both members of the Siebener Club) and was one of the founders of the Wiener Sezession. He designed sculptures and windows for the Building of the Sezession. Together with Hoffman and F. Waerndorfer he started the Wiener Werkstätte in 1903. He had also designed furniture, textile materials and glasswares that were sold by C.V.M.